Completed applications are due on April 17.
The Landes Scholarship Endowment was established in 1984 to provide a sustainable source of income to honor James H. and Irene Landes through the annual recognition of outstanding FBCR students. The late James Landes, former pastor of FBCR, and his wife Irene were very much loved and appreciated by the members of this church.
- Candidate must be a member of First Baptist Church Richardson, Texas, or a former member of FBCR while attending college, university, or a Southern Baptist seminary. This may include non-resident students, whose parents are serving in full-time Christian ministries and whose US state-side church affiliation continues to be FBCR.
- Candidate must be preparing to pursue or presently pursuing a degree at an accredited university, college, or seminary.
- Candidate must complete an official Landes Scholarship Application that will include – Academic Achievements, Church/Religious Activities, School and Community Activities, Financial Need, Application Completion. Non-resident applicants may need additional documentation including letters from their field school, teachers, and local church.
- Candidate must return the completed application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or a hard copy to the church’s front office no later than April 17, 2019. Applications will NOT BE ACCEPTED after this due date.
- Candidate may be asked to participate in an interview with members of the scholarship committee.