As children grow and mature, we create an inviting atmosphere in our children’s ministry that helps your child transition well through adolescence. Our passion is to help your child find their identity in being a child of God, understanding the gospel of Jesus Christ and caring well for those around them. Our children's ministry is for babies through through 6th grade.
On Sunday mornings, we encourage children (1st-6th grades) to attend our Sunday School class (at 9:15am or 10:45am) and then attend a worship service with you.
For our younger children (babies-kinder) we offer age-specific Sunday School classes, and children are encouraged to stay in their during both hours to allow parents time to attend Adult Sunday School and Worship.
In class, we teach using the Bible Studies for Life created by Lifeway. We chose it because it:
- Teaches from the BIBLE
- Provides fun activities to make the story come to life
- You can use this cool page to have a faith-based conversation at home
- Your child can play on your iPad and learn more about Jesus (win/win).
We want you, the parent, to be the one to introduce your child to the awesomeness of worship. Don't worry if they add some extra movement and noise to the room - we love it! At the entrance of the Worship Center your child will find a children's worship guide, specifically designed to engage your child throughout service. Here are a few other tips to make for a great worship experience:
- Prep your child for the service like it's a BIG deal. kind of like you are prepping for a birthday party.
- Help your child look up the scripture that will be read during the sermon.
- Chose a word that will be heard a lot during the service, and have your child squeeze your hand every time it is said.
We take safety and security seriously for all children activities on our campus.
- When you come to our campus, you can check your child in at a kiosk located in the Children's Building welcome area.
- Before dropping your child off at their classroom, place the adhesive-backed name-tag on their clothing after it prints from the check-in kiosk.
- Place the "receipt" copy on your own clothing as identification when you pick-up your child.
- You can pick-up your child directly from their classroom. No access to the Children's or Preschool area is allowed without this receipt.